Iszi Lawrence is an international stand up comedian based in Berkshire UK. She is also a history and science communicator, presenter and regular contributor to Radio 4’s Making History.
She gigs across the UK as well as internationally and has headlined nights in Oslo, Prague, Dublin and Brussels.
She is a seasoned performer, having appeared on stage at the Fringe since she was 17, in critically acclaimed shows, Iszi Lawrence’s Wotnot, Matter of Tact, Skitzaphrantic, Spinning Jenny, Unproper and Perrier Award winning The Passion Of The Hodgson (providing sketch and musical backing to wonderful Wil Hodgson).
Having tried stand-up comedy on an off during university, Iszi decided to give up her life in 2008 and regularly began appearing on the circuit. She had worked her way up to appear in many of the most prestigious venues in the UK as well as performing in Ireland, Belgium, the Channel Islands and Norway.
She has performed alongside and supported acts including Alan Davies, Sean Hughes, Richard Herring, Sarah Millican, Stewart Lee, Susan Calman, Boothby Graffoe, Ray Peacock, Alun Cochrane, Andy Zaltzman, Phil Jupitus, Tony Law, Paul Foot etc.
Iszi has been podcasting since 2008 with Sundays Supplement – a comedy podcast where Iszi and Simon review last week’s Sunday Newspaper Supplements.
Launched September 2014 The Z List Dead List podcast about obscure people from History, has been featured on iTunes and includes guest appearance from journalists Jon Ronson, David Aaronovitch, comedians Richard Herring and Griff Rhys Jones, as well as a gaggle of historians and Qi Elves. You can listen to the free podcast on the website www.zlistdeadlist.com.
Iszi has appeared on many other podcasts, most notably the Skeptics Guide to the Universe which she also does the voiceover for.
Check out Iszi’s ‘The Z List Dead List Advent Calendar’.
To book or enquire further about Iszi Lawrence please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- “Ferociously intelligent with a sharp turn of phrase,
‘a comedian who is clearly going places.” The Skinny
- “She’s as adept with an anecdote as she is with a one-liner, and her trips down comedy asides are on-the-spot funny.” The Herald
- “She’s good. Really good.” The Oxford Mail
- “One more square kick in the bollocks to the ‘women aren’t funny’ brigade, Lawrence is well worth your time.” snipelondon.com
- “Iszi Lawrence finds herself in bracket alongside Josie Long and Sarah Millican” Oxford Times
- “She’s a comedian of ideas, promoting herself as the acceptable face of modern atheism, in direct contrast to Richard Dawkins’s acetic disdain.” **** Three Weeks
- ‘Still acts like the girl who didn’t fit in at school to great comic effect’ Comedy Pick, London Lite
- ‘Manages to be both intelligent and silly – a winning combination’ Jo Caulfield
- Iszi Lawrence review of her EdFringe 2012 show Wotnot in The List. Plus **** rating from Broadway Baby and One4Review.